President Bola Tinubu has named eight individuals as special advisers.
The appointments are contained in a list of eight special advisers announced by a State House information official.
They include a former Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu, and a former Lagos Commissioner for Information, Dele Alake, who has been a close aide of Mr Tinubu for years.
Mr Ribadu was named special adviser on security. It is unclear if that position will see him function as national security adviser.
Mr Alake, on the other hand, will serve as special adviser on special duties, communications and strategy.
Mr Tinubu also appointed Wale Edun, a former Lagos commissioner, as special adviser on monetary policies.
The appointments are contained in a list of eight special advisers announced by the Director of Information at the State House, Abiodun Oladunjoye, via a statement observed by The Eaglesforesight correspondent.
Mr Tinubu had last week named a former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, as his chief of staff and a former Governor of Benue State, George Akume, as Secretary to the government of the federation.
Ibrahim Hassan Hadejia, a former senator and deputy governor of Jigawa State, was also appointed deputy chief of staff.
- Indomie Noodles: NAFDAC Issues Fresh Statement Over Brand Produced In Nigeria
- Subsidy Removal: Marketers Galvanise For CNG Rollout At N100/litre
- Nnamdi Kanu: UK Court Of Appeal Fixes Date To Hear Case As lawyer Blast British Govt
Read the full statement by Mr Oladunjoye below.
STATE HOUSE PRESS RELEASE
APPOINTMENT OF SPECIAL ADVISERS
President Bola Tinubu has approved the appointment of the following as Special Advisers:
1.Mr. Dele Alake; Special Adviser, Special Duties, Communications and Strategy.
2. Mr. Yau Darazo; Special Adviser, Political and Intergovernmental Affairs.
3. Mr. Wale Edun; Special Adviser, Monetary Policiesm.
4. Mrs. Olu Verheijen; Special Adviser, Energy.
5. Mr. Zachaeus Adedeji; Special Adviser, Revenue.
6. Mr. Nuhu Ribadu; Special Adviser, Security.
7. Mr. John Ugochukwu Uwajumogu; Special Adviser, Industry, Trade and Investment.
8. Dr (Mrs.) Salma Ibrahim Anas; Special Adviser, Health.