The residents of Sagamu, Ogun State, have lamented the poor power supply and over billings by Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) and the losses they have incurred due to the epileptic power supply in the community.
Following the recent meeting held on Monday 14th of August, between the representatives of Sagamu, security agencies and the officials of Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company, IBEDC, there’s a resolution on way forward to curb epileptic power supplies and over billings in Sagamu.
Recalled that Omooba Damilare Muhammad Bello, the Honourable representing Sagamu Constituency 1 was accompanied by the Sagamu community youths to meet IBEDC for a peaceful dialogue to find lasting solution to over billings, epileptic power supply amongst other issues related to electricity in Sagamu.
The meeting which was held at Akarigbo Palace lasted for 3hrs.
In the meeting, lasting solution was proposed by the IBEDC officials which immediate actions to implement it was promised if followed adequately by the Federal Government through the House of Representatives member and distinguish Senator from the area.
The following below are the resolutions with the management of IBEDC Sagamu:
1. Writing invitations letter to the Board Management inviting them for round table discussion on the epileptic power supply in Sagamu and it’s environs.
2. Mandatory that the Faulty 15MVA transformer should be repaired and return within 1 month from the day it has been carried out of the site for repair.
- OGUN: Sagamu In Total Blackout For A While, Residents Calls Out IBEDC, Govt
- Stop Harassing Whistleblowers, Petitions Against Office Holders, Not Out Of Place — PDP Knocks Ogun SSG, Talabi
- Ogun Govt Inaugurates Task Force On Land Enforcement
3. The issue of charges on electricity consumed will be reduced to minimal from the month of August and billings will be based on the premises of supply of electricity power in every areas and not random charges as usual.
4. To facilitate meeting with Senator representating Ogun East, Otunba Gbenga Daniel and Rt. Honourable Oriyomi Onanuga Adewunmi Ijaya, the House of Representatives, Remo Federal Constituency, to lobby for the federal Government project called JAICA.
5. An ultimatum was agreed to be issued to the management of IBEDC on timeline to meet the community demands over the epileptic supply of power and over billings on electricity not consumed.
People who were in attendance are as follow:
1. Hon Damilare Mohammed Bello, State House of Assembly representing sagamu constituency1.
2. Sagamu IBEDC Management staff
4 . Commander of Amotekun, Sagamu branch.
5. DSS representative
6. Commander of Vigilante group of Nigeria VGN, Remo branch.
7. Community youth representatives