The Councilors in Ijebu East Local Government Area of Ogun State have suspended the Chairman of the Local Government, Mr. Wale Adedayo for three months on allegations of maladministration and financial mismanagement.
Seven Councilors, on Thursday said the Legislative Council received various allegations that need to be investigated and directed Mr. Adedayo to appear at its next sitting on Thursday, September 14, 2023.
Fifteen allegations were levelled against the suspended chairman.
*Withdrawal of N4million from LG account for empowerment in 2022, which never took place.
*Wastage of N2million on Isese day on August 20, 2022.
*Duty tour allowance for the chairman and other top functionarie N260,000 in June 2023.
*Another duty tour allowance for the chairman and other top officials engagement in Ab eokuta to the tune of N250,000, also ratified in June 2023.
*N426,000 purportedly spent on the production of report on 2020 Jigbo festival ijebu east, when we were even yet to be elected.
*Claiming N350, 000 to the inauguration of Women in Politics in Ijebu East in 2022. The money was not released to the group in 2022
*Entertainment and other logistics expenses durring the commissioning of Legislative Building at N350,000 on 18th of April 2023.
*Another entertainment on that same commissioning of the Legislative Building at N295,000 same day, 18th of April 2023.
*The second N8.2million sent from phase 2 of the project (table and the chair for schools) 20 (twenty) chairs were made with N8.2m..
*Another N20million allocation from the state is nowhere to be found.
*Another N15million sent from the state went same way without any project to show for it.
*Award of two boreholes at the cost of N1.8million each totaling N3.6million in August 2023.
*While he collects N3 million monthly as security votes, he has held on to the N300,000 monthly security vote of the Vice Chairman for about five months. He has refused to pay up despite several interventions and meetings on the issue by the ALGON executive, led by Hon. Tunde Emiola Gazal.
*Inability to account for over N2.5million left in the Project Account of the council by previous administration for the completion of a school at Kajola, ogbere. The school remains uncompleted till date.
*Illegal tax collection from Okada riders and drivers via what the chaiman called “levy”without the approval of the Legislative Council, which is double taxation for the people of Ijebu East at this tough period.
“Having received the above allegations, there is need for thorough investigation by the House.
“The House hereby resolved as follows:
1. That the Chairman steps aside for the proper conduct of investigations.
2. The Council Chairman, Hon. Wale Adedayo, is hereby suspended for three months pending the conclusion of the investigations and therefore directed to handover all the properties of the Council in his possession to the Vice Chairman, who will act as the Chairman during the suspension of the Chairman as provided in the 1999 Constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended).
3. The Council Chairman is directed to appear before the House on the next sitting of the House on Thursday, September 14, 2023.
- Ogun Community Gets New Primary Health Care Facility
- LG Allocations Controversy: Ogun Council Chairmen Prostrate, Beg Gov Abiodun [Watch Video]
- LG Allocation: Stop Abiodun Now Before He Kills Ogun — PDP Charges Stakeholders
4. That the Council Treasurer, through the Head of the Local Government Administration (HOLGA) should furnish the financial/bank statement of the Council in the last two years, along with other relevant documents and vouchers as the House may require in order to aid investigations.
5. That the above Resolutions be copied to the Governor of Ogun State and the Ogun State House of Assembly.
6. The sitting is hereby adjourned to Thursday, September 14, 2023.
Hon. Fasheyi Akindele Adesuji
Leader of the House
Itele Ward 7
Hon. Bolutife Osunfisan
Imushin Ward 2
Hon. kemi Aliu
Imobi Ward 10
Hon. Adeniyi Adenuga
Imusin ward 1
Hon. Abass sidikat
Owu ward 5
Hon. Biyi Oguntubo
Imobi ward 9
Hon. Rotimi Olubode Williams
Ajebandele ward 11